Monday, April 23, 2007

What's the deal with Joe?

It's been a while since I've blogged, and it's been even longer (as in never) since I've given an update on my life. I'm still in Flagstaff, AZ. Things are going well. I landed a job as an undergraduate admissions counselor at Northern Arizona University. The money and benifits (free classes!!!) are good, the work is varied and most of the time enjoyable, the co-workers and students are a joy.....yep, it's a pretty good deal. I get to travel quite a bit, all of which is paid for by the university. I stay in nice hotels. Hotels are great. You can miss the garbage can and then go to bed with a guilt-free conscience. Housekeeping will take care of it within the next 12-15 hours. They sometimes leave a mint on your pillow.

Despite this development, certain things never change. I continue to spend my free time in the outdoors. Climbing in Arizona brings happiness that I can't quite describe. The hiking and mountain biking trails are abundant. This has caused me to drop $600 on a brand new Kona Blast bike. I broke her in yesterday over the course of a 45 mile ride from Flagstaff to Sedona via mountain roads and some single track paths. Surprisingly, I was able to get out of bed this morning without assistance.

More on the ride and some other happenings at a later date.

No comments: