Thursday, May 24, 2012

2012 Adventure # 3: Devils Chasm



A major obstacle ascending Devil's Canyon.  We used a hand line that was already in place to climb over the right side, hoisting Bo along with us.  He loved it.

Looking down canyon
In late March myself, Matt, and Bo the Dog visited Devils Chasm in the Sierra Ancha Wilderness followed by "The Jug" in Salome Wilderness (see next post).  Devils Chasm is non-technical, but physically challenging, canyon hike with cliff dwelling ruins.  Unfortunately, Bo the Dog couldn't get up a certain steep section....he actually fell down it twice....I fell down it, sliding on my back once.....about a 20 foot shot down a steep chute ....amazingly neither of us were hurt.  It did make give up ascending to the ruins.  Matt was able to continue on.  The shots below are his.  I'll have to return some day as I'd love to see these ruins myself.  Very fun, interesting area.

Slick portion where Bo and I fell (much steeper than this shot lets on)


Again, looking down canyon

1000 square foot apartment with scenic views.
Adjacent to mountain lions and javelina.
Epicness personified
  
First room




This structure had two stories at some point.
This view is looking through the remnants of
the second story floor boards. 



Kitchen?



The Canyon from where we car camped

No comments: