Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Home Sweet Home?

After living in Japan for over three years, I'm not sure where home is, or if it even exists. For now, I'm settled in the high desert town of Flagstaff (pop. 60,000, elev. 7000 feet), not far from the Grand Canyon. Generally, I'm liking it here, though I do miss Japan. Anyway, this place is paradise for climbers, hikers, and cyclists. It boasts crags within ten minutes of town, hiking in the city itself, and endless miles of scenery that can be enjoyed on foot, bike, or by car. While I await the potential job call backs (keep your fingers crossed), I spend my days hiking, climbing, and reading some good books (I'm into "When Titans Clashed", a pretty intriguing account of the Germans getting mauled by the Red Army in WWII). Here are a few photos from a recent hike to Sedona, a land of red rock canyons about 30 miles south of here. Incidentally, I hope to get a job with the Forest Service down there....what an office.




If anyone wants to stop in for a visit or send a postcard, I'm at:



306 W. Forest Avenue, Apt. A
Flagstaff, AZ 86001
USA

Happy Holidays!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Wow! Hisashiburi. I happened to find your blog. Lucky me. Btw, Sedona is one of the spiritual power spots I've been longing to visit. Did you feel anything different from usual there? This winter I went to Taiwan and Fhillipine. I came back to my life that I used to and recognized that I've never missed Saga. It makes me sad a little bit. Maybe caz I'm still on the stage of the beginning of ALCHEMIST. Or I might find a sweet home in the close future. But I believe that my sweet home is always inside of me. Well, genki de ne!